The Politics of Design, October 19-21
ABOUT OUR EVENT
Join us October 19-21 to celebrate TARRA2017 a 3-day celebration highlighting women in the creative industries and their relationship to “The Politics of Design”.
The lineup includes events, exhibits and gatherings, with the mission to champion women who are elevating industry standards and driving innovation in their fields.
THE EVENT SCHEDULE
- Thursday, October 19: The Politics of Design: An Ignite-style panel featuring prominent architects, graphic designers, film makers and furniture designers from around the country.
- Confirmed headliners include:
- Meg Vazquez, lead graphic designer for the Hillary Clinton 2016 campaign’s rapid response team
- Mandy Vink, Public Art Coordinator for Boulder’s Office of Arts + Culture
- Nan Ellin, Dean of the College of Architecture and Planning and Professor of Urban and Regional Planning at the University of Colorado
- Confirmed headliners include:
- Friday, October 20: Programming will include educational workshops, a pitch event and cross discipline collaborative opportunities
- Friday & Saturday, October 21: Pop up shop with some of Colorado’s top artisans and makers at The Source
We hope you will join us in this celebration.
TARRA, a community for women in the creative industries, and Goldyn, one of Denver’s most sought after women’s boutiques for progressive fashion, partnered together to host a collaborative installation of local photographers and “Women Who Create” as part of Denver’s Month of Photography.
Month of Photography
In an effort to create more collaborative opportunities for women across creative industries, TARRA partnered with Goldyn and Month of Photography to host a collaborative exhibit featuring the works of three ``Women Who Create`` from the local community. We put out a call for entries and received more than 30 application in a week, ultimately making the decision too difficult to narrow down to three.
The TARRA Winter Pop Up, hosted at Queen City General Store, featured the works of eight ``Women Who Create``: Alexa Allen; Lily Schlosser of Eli and Barry; Lisa Rooney of Gossamer; Christin Wingo of Verbena; Erin Pattullo of Mortar and Stone; Jennifer Olson; Alexandra and Koen of Hygge Life; and Shauna Lott of The Long I Pie Shop.
TARRA2016 | Pop Up Shop
Drop dead gorgeous pieces by some of the top makers in Colorado: Alexa Allen, Royal Stag Hats, Salihah Moore, Liz Quan, and Banshee Press. Event hosted by Queen City General Store.
TARRA2016 | Film Night
TARRA2016 Film Night marked the first Colorado screening of Amici Films' ``Making Space: 5 Women Changing the Face of Architecture.`` Featuring architects Annabelle Selldorf, Marianne McKenna, Kathryn Gustafson, Farshid Moussavi, and Odile Decq—the film presents a dynamic dialogue not only around women in architecture, but also around architecture in the 21st century.
TARRA2016 | A New Conversation
The TARRA2016 Launch Party and Panel addressed the topic of “Timeless Innovation: How Do We Create Forward-Thinking Design With Staying Power?” through the voices of architect and jewelry designer Jenny Wu of Oyler Wu and LACE by Jenny Wu; graphic designer Ellen Bruss, creative director of Ellen Bruss Design; and lighting and furniture designer Elish Warlop of Elish Warlop Design Studio. Panel moderated by Gabrielle Schuller, AIA, Director at Burkett Design.